Monday, December 17, 2007

Just freakin' weird, that's all I'm saying

So I was watching TV over the weekend, and on The Soup I saw a clip where a dude claimed that even though he'd been having lots of sex with another dude, he wasn't gay. The dude in question justified his non-gayness with this line:

"When me and Whitney found out we weren't brother and sister, we had sex all the time."

What I love about that line is that only on daytime TV would that not be a show stopper, y'know? I mean, in any situation you can imagine, you'd need the person in question to back the hell up and give a lengthy explanation about that particular statement. Also, if you aren't familiar with the particular show this line came from, you really can't say for sure which show it was. This line could have been spoken on just about any daytime show for the past fifteen years, at anytime between about 9:30am and 3:30pm. Could have been Geraldo, or Dr. Phil, or Jerry Springer; Could have come from any soap opera ever made, might have come from The View, even, or the midday news.

The line did in fact come from a soap opera, Passions. Passions, for those who don't know, specializes in story lines that are straight up bat-shit crazy, even by the admittedly lax standards of detergent dramas.

Man, I love this country.

No comments: