Monday, March 31, 2008

Taste the yellow!

I was eating breakfast this morning, and an odd question occurred to me: What does yellow taste like?

No, Mom, I'm not ingesting things I shouldn't, I was merely glancing at the top of my single serving bowl of Corn Pops. There, under the bright red logo, was the phrase, "Big Yellow Taste!"

What the hell?

What kind of a motto is that? Is Kellogg going to start marketing Corn Pops to people suffering from synesthesia? Y'know, "Corn Pops, the cereal that tastes yellow, feels lemon, and smells G-Sharp Major!"

And it begs the question of how they can know that it tastes yellow. What kind of tests is this cereal put through to make sure that no batch goes out tasting too green?

Given that the Corn Pops I was eating didn't really taste like, well, anything, I suppose you could make a case that it was true. You can't taste a color, not without a major neurological disorder, anyway, so saying that the Pops tasted yellow could be correct.

It is odd, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the heck is synesthesia?

Anonymous said...

What the heck is synesthesia?