Tuesday, April 07, 2009

It's all about context

So, I was wasting my life away yesterday, again, and I came across a TV show which had a bit set at a bullfight in Mexico.

Now, just on it's own, the outfit of your average bullfighter is quite fey. Slippers, frilly capri pants and short jacket in bright colors, and what can be best described as a very odd hat. Not to mention the cape, which is to be waved in a highly theatrical manner.

But then you see the guy in his proper surroundings, going toe to hoof with two tons of angry pot roast. Then you realize the guy could be wearing body paint, a g-string, and a feather in his ass, and he'd still be the manliest guy in the room.

I'm just saying, is all.

1 comment:

tortaluga said...

i have to be careful about opening your blog at work because when i laugh out loud like just now, my coworkers eye me suspiciously.