Friday, January 05, 2007

Ode to a Crackerbox

Ah, the joy of it. The joy of being in possesion of a place of my own, where a door can be locked on the whole rest of the world!

No roommates walking around arguing loudly with their significant others. No pets, constantly shedding, innundating my domicile with their fur, coating my clothes and flavoring my food. No fighting for use of the computer. Actually, no computer, but so what? The central branch of the library, such a lovely building, is less than a mile away. Gives me a reason to get out of the place for a while, close enough that even on hellish winter days it's worthwhile to go. Local shops, a couple of neat bookstores also within walking distance. Even a New York style pizza place, by which I mean a semi-sanitary hole-in-the-wall that serves wide slices you gotta fold in half while eating.

No walk to shovel. Bliss.

Sure the new spot's small. Sure, I can take a shower, cook something, watch a movie, and answer the door all at the same time. It's over-priced, even. But I don't give a rat's ass. It's no worse than the last place I lived in New York, and I don't have to go down the hall to get a shower.

Truly a joyous New Year, Y'all.

No comments: