Friday, November 30, 2007

A new VA hospital...

This new hospital is starting to creep me out. It has something to do with the muzak that's piped in all over the building. It's not really muzak, it's just instrumental versions of songs that Bobby Darin and Petulla Clark would sing.

Something about waking up at 7:00 am in a Veteran's facility and hearing 'The Girl from Ipanema' just strikes me as odd. The people are as nice as they were in the crazy house, and just as helpful, but the music is still kind of off-putting.

By the way, my mom hates it when I talk about having been in the 'crazy house'. So, please, if any of you talk to her, use that expression, or some other nickname for a psych ward, as often as possible. I love my mom a lot, but she is very funny when she's angry.

No comments: